Someone recently asked me what to do about millennials on staff who may tend to get distracted with social media during work. At first I laughed, because I come from a high volume office – there’s no time to get distracted! But I know some offices prefer to have a more peaceful environment, and I’m sure it may cause some CAs to be tempted by other entertainment.
So here’s one thing you can do about it. First, see the blessing – you have a CA who is skilled at and loves social media. That’s awesome! That can be used in your favor. Name that CA your office Social Media Director. Whenever they have time, they can be on social media with the purpose of growing the business and promoting chiropractic.
There are many social media venues (Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, etc) but since Facebook is the most popular, let’s start with that.
Here is a list of things your 7 things your CA can be doing with Facebook:
- Daily posts to your Facebook page. Posts can be about events you have coming up, good health articles, inspirational pictures/quotes, chiropractic knowledge, patient testimonials, or #WhyChiropractic pictures (click here to learn more about this). The goal is to get interaction in the form of Likes or Comments. The more you get, the more other patients will start seeing your posts. Check out the ChiroCulture Facebook page for TONS of FB content you can share!
- Create custom posts. A great (and free!) website to try is Canva. It’s easy and you can make beautiful, engaging posts.
- Create Event invitations. Anytime you do any kind of wellness workshop or lecture – don’t rely on hanging up posters. While the best way to get people there is always word of mouth, a Facebook invitation can also help. Have your CA create an event and invite patients to it.
- Build your tribe. Some docs aren’t comfortable with this, but if you want to build a great tribe – you need to be friends with your patients on Facebook. Millennials want to feel connected – even to their doctor. You also can’t invite them to events unless you’re friends!
- Interact with patients. If you want people to Like and comment on your posts – return the favor!
- #WhyChiropractic campaigns. This is an AWESOME way to spread the chiropractic message and it’s fun for patients. (Learn more here).
- Facebook Ads. For as little as $5 a day, you can reach hundreds of people in your area. This is great if you’re doing any community events or marketing campaigns.
The most important thing you can do is to encourage your CA to do some research and keep learning. Social media is always changing and evolving. So invest in some books or online workshops to help your CA feel like a social media rockstar!